Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blog Assignment #7

I have narrowed my sources down to three choices, two of them are television shows that come on once a week. Ghost Hunters which airs on the Sci-Fi channel every Wednesday at 10:00pm eastern time is a really great source for my topic because the TAPS team use a skeptics approach to their paranormal investigations and they like to explain how they do things to help the person watching understand whats going on during their investigations. The A&E channel also has a television program called Paranormal State which is a group of students from Penn State who have had paranormal experiences throughout their live and chose to go into the field to not only help themselves but others like them. It is not as detailed as Ghost Hunters and their style of investigations is totally opposite from the TAPS team but you can learn a lot of info.

I also chose to use the book "Paranormal Phenomena", I find that the book helps me with my research because it has very good opposing viewpoints from both sides of the fence.

4 comments:

Zach said...

It sounds like you have a good grasp and good information from two view points. This sould help you a lot. I do not watch either of these shows, but I did watch one episode of Ghost Hunters: International and it was very depressing. They and the equipment the location but no ghost. They sat there forever wating for nothing, but this does give the show a relistic touch. You seem like you will have no problem writing about this topic. Good luck on your essay.

Stephanie_Lyon said...

I think that you chose a very interesting topic to write your persuasive essay about. I also watch Ghost hunters and Paranormal State and absolutely love them.I do like how Ghost Hunters always go to their clients home and try to debunk things first and then if they can't then they believe that there may be "paranormal" things going on. I myself believe that the paranormal is a harmless pastime. I mean how can we know the truth about whats out there if no one studies about it and searches for it? I hope to be able to visit Waverly Hills in Louisville, Ky. some day and do my own investigation. Good luck on your essay.

Jordan_JMJ said...

Hey, sounds like you have great sources to work from. i don't think i have ever see any of these shows that im aware of. your topic for this essay is a real interesting subject. good luck with this project.

DouglasKo said...

hey there whats going on I'm Doug also, I see that you have a creative grasp on your writing, and your inner personality that reflects through your style. It shows in your writing and makes the reader more interested, and attached. Keep up the good work